7/16/2014

So easy

Having gone online to figure out what precinct I vote in, and having generated a personal ballot, and having pored over the text of the state ballot proposals, I can now walk with confidence into the primary election booth and cast my vote. I know which ticket I want to support and why, I have examined the incumbents' voting records, and I have read Faithful Citizenship.

I am a fully informed and conscientious voter in the state primary, and as such I will be in the stark minority of citizens of this state.

Why don't more people even show up at the primary? Do they not realize how much they can influence what happens in November? At the very least, they can narrow down the names that will be on the November ballot, but more than that they communicate to party leadership what the platform should include.

Go. Be an informed voter. VOTE!

No comments:

Blog Archive